Breast augmentation surgery is one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in terms of the number of surgeries performed and patient satisfaction. Each patient has her own wants and needs when it comes to altering the appearance of her breasts.
Here, we discuss who makes a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.
- Your breasts have changed due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. It’s clear that pregnancy and nursing can do a number on a woman’s body, especially her breasts. Women may find their breasts have a deflated appearance after childbearing. If they also sag, a breast augmentation with breast lift may be an option to lift the breasts into a more youthful position.
- You have lost weight. Losing a significant amount of weight may also lead to deflated, sagging breasts. A breast augmentation with or without lift may be just what you need to get your breasts into a more youthful, perky contour that complements your new shape.
- Your breasts didn’t fully develop. Some women have micromastia, which is when their breasts didn’t develop as expected during puberty or because of genetics. Breast augmentation surgery can give them the larger, fuller breasts that are in proportion with the rest of their body.
- One of your breasts is larger than the other. Women may have asymmetrical breasts due to hormones, illness or injury. Clothes shopping can be a hassle as bras, bikini tops and blouses may not ever fit right.
- You want to improve self-esteem. With high patient satisfaction, breast augmentation surgery gives women a boost in self-image and confidence.
- You are in good health. If you are in good overall health and have realistic expectations for surgery, you will be a good candidate for surgery. During your consultation, your surgeon will go over your health history and any conditions or concerns to make sure breast augmentation is right for you.
There are several criteria to see if you are a candidate for breast augmentation surgery. To learn more, call 309-323-8120 to set up a consultation in our Bloomington office.